Saturday, April 2, 2011

Peanut Butter Bread, It Won't Stick to the Roof of Your Mouth !!!

This weeks bread recipe is a very tasty one, especially if you love Peanut Butter.  This bread is really good with some homemade strawberry jam ( yes the Bread Fairy also makes her own jams ) or some Nutella, the hazelnut chocolate stuff, yummm peanut butter and chocolate.  Boy I hope your mouths are watering now......... I know get on with the recipe.

Peanut Butter Bread

This makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/3 cups bread flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
2 teaspoons yeast

Dump it all in your bread machine in order recommended by the manufacturer.

Use the basic white bread cycle and light crust setting.  I usually just use the dough cycle, but today I did let the machine do all the work.

Below are all the ingredients lined up and ready to go




Next here it is mixing up sorry for the kinda blurry photo


Now all nicely kneaded


And lastly some sliced with Homemade Strawberry Jam YUMMMMMY!!!!!



I really hope you give this a try, kids love it, heck husbands love it.  Its great also toasted with honey on it and bananas.  You could even make an Elvis sandwich with it , peanut butter bread, peanut butter and bacon.  Oh how the possibilities go on.  Just let your imagination go.
I honestly thought about adding chocolate chips to it, hmm maybe next time.


Thanks for checking out this little old Bread Fairy blog again, I would really like to thank everyone for all there kind comments and help that has been given me.  I will be linking up this week with some incredible blogs, so if you come back please go check them out.  And if you like what you read here please feel free to follow me on Google Friend, gosh I will be so excited when I get to 10 followers !!!

Thanks again


Denise




7 comments:

  1. I have a similar recipe that I love. It's de-lish! Love it toasted...I've also made it into rolls too, and given as gifts. MMMMMM! Thanks for sharing - I'm your newest follower. Check out my blog at www.thebetterbaker.blogspot.com. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this recipe. I have a PB lover in the house and she would LOVE this. Thanks for sharing.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of your newest followers! WAHOO! :)

    I have 1 PB bread recipe, not very good.....so I was happy to see this one. Cant wait to try it!

    I would like to invite you to join in on a WEEKLY RECIPE LINK PARTY on my blog:

    http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/
    "Made it on Monday"
    You can link up every WED.-SAT.

    I hope to see your recipes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my mouth watering just thinking about having a piece of this slathered with jelly. Thanks for linking up this wonderful recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Denise,
    This Peanut Butter Bread looks very delicious. I can almost taste a nice slice of this bread, yum! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried it this way before. Now I'm inspired:) Thanks so much for linking up to What's On the Menu Wednesday at Dining With Debbie. I hope you will visit often and link up whenever your can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. first time here - I am totally going for this one - my new found prowess or shall I call it enthusiasm in the baking dept is on a constant quest for new recipes -- This ones a keeper for me :)

    ReplyDelete