Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tomato Basil Bread- Panera CopyKat and Speaking of Cats...............

So this week I thought I would introduce everyone to my Four Pawed Furry Child aka "The Buffster" or Buffy as we call him.


He is our 17 pound bundle of joy.  He spends most of his day lounging in the sun in the window in his kitty bed.

Ok on to better things like, if some of you read the 7 things you did not know about me is I love love the color green.   I also happen to love daisies, so below are two of my favorite things together.  I think I have about 5 green vases all probably from the late 60's to early 70's, all bought all garage sales or Goodwill.


Now on to more foodie things,  like bread.  I went searching for this bread, because hubby had a grilled cheese sandwich made with it one day last week at the senior center, where we are members.   My hubby's mom was a member and he always went with her to the functions and  when she went to heaven, they let him join when he turned 50.  We enjoy many a functions there and some great meals!!!

I  found this recipe Tomato Basil Bread on Food.com.  The only thing I did different from the recipe was I added my 4 teaspoons of vital wheat gluten.  So I thought I would share a few pictures of the bread.


Here it is ready to put in the oven.



Here it is all baked up and sliced.  We are going to use it to make grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches tomorrow for lunch.  This bread is a true winner.  I hope everyone will give it a try. 

Also I  made Swiss Strips from Miz Helens Country Cottage on Saturday nite for dinner.  I would have taken a picture of that great dish too but it was gone way too quickly.  It was another winning recipe from a really nice lady.  Please go visit her blog and check out the recipes.

Well thanks for stopping by again.  I will again this week be logging up with some of the great blogs out there please take the time to go check out some of the recipes.  
Oh I just wanted to mention, that if you commented on my posts last week, when blogger went down I lost a few of them.  I hope they retrive them so I can post them.  Please be patient.

Take Care The Bread Fairy

Denise  

Mommys Kitchen Potluck Sunday
Your Recipe My Kitchen
Melt in your Mouth Monday
Two Maids A Milking Tuesday Baking Party
Tuesdays At the Table
Tasty Tuesdays
Dining with Debbie
Larks Country, Make it on Monday week 10
Full Plate Thursday
Potluck Friday Hop 34 Ekats Kitchen

9 comments:

  1. This Bread looks so good! I would lovea slice! (or 2) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise, each time I come here, your bread is beautiful! The tomato and basil bread looks stunning! I love that combination, thanks for sharing this great recipe. Have a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your kitty!! Thanks for introducing him! Think he gives my fat cat a run for his money :)
    Love the bread too... looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMMMM....the bread looks gorgeous! Cheese and bacon would go fantastic with it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks AMAZING! Getting hungry just looking at the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh heavens..I can just picture the grilled paninni Sandwich on this bread!

    Glad you linked up, thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bread with grilled cheese and bacon....oh my!! What a wonderful lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awhhhh....your little kitty is just precious! Your Tomato Basil Bread is out of sight! I will be making this very very soon. Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you found me....I love to make bread and it looks like you do the same. The only problem I run into is TIME. Do you make all of your breads in a bread machine? That is one thing that I don't own. I will definitely be spending time with you.

    ReplyDelete