Sunday, July 10, 2011

Honey of an Oatmeal Bread

Gosh, a busy weekend around here.  The new outside of our house is happening after the hail storm.  The new roofs went on yesterday.  Too loud of a day to do any baking or really anything so we just chilled.  I did happen to out to breakfast with two of my friends for our "Breakfast Club" which we try to do at least once a month.

So the recipe I would like to share with everyone this week is one of my favorite go too ones, in other words it never fails and it tastes great and I always have all its ingredients on hand.

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com, it is called Honey of an Oatmeal Bread, please click on the link for the recipe.  I added 4 teaspoons of vital wheat gluten to the recipe, like I always do.  That is the only change I made.  I used the dough cycle and baked it in the oven after letting it rise for 40 minutes at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

I frequent the local farmers markets here on Fridays and we have a local bee farm and I bought some of our local honey made right here in the town where we live.  So this recipe incorporates the local honey of Ohio.

Here are the ingredients all lined up ready to put in the machine and a picture of the finished loaf. 



This bread has a lovely honey flavor that is not too strong, and a great chewiness that comes with the oats.  It is a wonderful everyday bread for  sandwiches and toast.

I hope everyone has a great week and there will be more to come this week.  Take care.

Denise
aka

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I am making this bread right now. I replaced some of the white flour with whole wheat, so we'll see how it turns out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like another wonderful loaf of bread.

    We are camping right now and I have major craving for homemade fresh bread. The little convenience store fluffy bread just doesn't cut it.

    Hope you can come by Foodie Wednesday again and share it.
    http://www.dailyorganizedchaos.com/spaghetti-with-faux-meat-sauce/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy! I can't wait to try. I'm definitely going to start following because I'm learning to make bread. :)

    http://imitationbydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely sounds like a fantastic loaf...the vital wheat gluten makes it so high and soft...just lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I just love an Oatmeal based bread and the addition of honey put it over the top for me. Great recipe! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week. Hope you are having a great week end.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so good. I'm visiting from one of the blog hops this week and thought I'd say hi. I'd love to you visit my blog when you have a spare moment. I'm right in the middle of my Summer Book Club series - if you love to read you'll love the books I'm reading right now. =D

    Tina "The book Lady"
    http://familyliteracyandyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I would love to see more of your recipes tomorrow!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete