Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sourdough-like Beer Bread

I came across this recipe on the Redstar Yeast Facebook page.  Sourdough-like Beer Bread , please click on the link for the recipe.  I made this just as the recipe stated,  I made two loaves and for one loaf added 4 teaspoons of vital wheat gluten to the dough and the other I didn't. 

Please make sure you check your dough, whether you make it in a stand mixer or bread machine, as I had to add extra flour to make a soft nice dough about 1/4 cup more.  This will differ depending on your climate and flour.

Since we do not really drink in my house, hubby went out and got me a single can of beer. With this can of beer I made 2 loaves of bread and a batch of beer biscuits.  YUMMY. I can't waste anything.

Here is a picture of my finished loaves, I made one in a round loaf and the other in a long loaf.



This bread gives you the taste of sourdough without all the work of making a starter and waiting.  We are enjoying one loaf now and I will put the other in the freezer for next week.

It goes great with a big bowl of stew or cheddar and broccoli soup.

Thanks again for stopping by.

Denise



4 comments:

  1. YUMMO..This looks awesome..You have made perfectly dear..

    my blog
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I nominated your blog for the Liebster award. Check it out when you have a minute!

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/11/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bread looks like it is headed for my table. We just need to slice it up and give me a slice, it looks delicious. My very best wishes to you and your family for a blessed Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delish!

    We'd love you to share your recipes with us at

    Simply Delish Saturday

    ReplyDelete