Sunday, November 6, 2011

Stuffing Bread For Thanksgivnig

Well Thanksgiving is almost upon us.  I have gone back to school, as many of you already know, so I am trying to get ahead on some of the Thanksgiving things that can be made ahead.

When I was little my Mom always bought two loaves of Stuffing Bread from the A & P.  She would tear it into cubes and let it dry for about two days and then make her stuffing with it. 

I have never been able to find fresh stuffing bread in the store, so I found this recipe which I have been using for about 5 years now for my crock pot stuffing that I make on Thanksgiving Stuffing Bread, (Bread Machine), please click on the link for the recipe. 

This bread will make your whole house smell like Thanksgiving and that is a good thing.  I have made mine now and have it in the freezer until a few days before the holiday so it can thaw out and dry to make croutons for the stuffing.





If you look real carefully at the bread, you will see the black pepper and the celery seed and the minced onion, sage and poultry seasoning that give this bread its great taste.  It also has some cornmeal in it, and this adds to its texture.

The bread also makes a great chicken or turkey sandwich. I have made it just to eat leftover turkey sandwiches. 

I hope you give making your own croutons for your stuffing or dressing this year, it really does make a difference.

Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed all you have seen and read.


Denise

5 comments:

  1. I am up for anything to do w/ stuffing. I love it. My SIL and BIL hate it b/c they say "who wants state bread"? Are you kidding me? I'll eat bread however I can! Lol. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week.

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, this looks so good, I would definitely want this for a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just use whole wheat bread for our stuffing but I love this idea! I might have to try one loaf of this in our stuffing this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that sounds yummy!! Thanks for sharing on 2 Maids a Baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, this looks so good and would be awesome in the stuffing! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and please come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete